- Asking questions and defining problems
- Planning and carrying out investigations
- Constructing explanations and designing solutions
- Definitions of energy
- The faster a given object is moving, the more energy it possesses.
- Conservation of Energy and Energy Transfer
- Energy is present whenever there are moving objects, sound, light or heat. When objects collide, energy can be transferred
from one object to another, thereby changing their motion. In such
collisions, some energy is typically also transferred to the
surrounding air, as a result , the air gets heated and sound is
- Energy in Chemical Processes and Everyday Life
- The expression "produce energy" typically refers to the conversion of stored energy into a desired form for practical use.
- Defining Engineering Problems
solutions to a problem are limited by available materials and resources
(constraints). The success of a designed solution is determined by
considering the desired features of a solution (criteria). Different
proposals for solutions can be compared on the basis of how well each
one meets the specified criteria for success of how well each takes the
constraints into account.
- Cause and effect relationships are routinely identified, tested, and used to explain change.
- Objects may break into smaller pieces and be put together into larger pieces, or change shapes.
- Systems and System Models
- A system can be described in terms of its components and their interactions.